Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pigs and Snow


Ethan and Erick washing their pigs.

The Jr. Livestock show was this weekend and my two grandsons, Ethan and Erick had pigs to show. They did really well. Ethan got 1st in class and Grand Champion in breed. He is moving on to San Angelo in about a month. This will be a learning experience for him because he's never been to a big show like that. Erick did well too, by getting 2nd in his class. We went to the BBQ and sale last night and the boys both did well in the sale. I had never been to one of those before and it was fun, but the best part was that everyone made sure that each participant received money for his or her animal. All participants went away with quite a bit. Next year, Bailey and Erynn want to participate, so we will have at least 4 animals to take care of. I think 4-H and FFA are one of the best things that kids can be involved in. It teaches responsibility and hard work. And all of the adults involved helped each other and each other's kids and it just made it a great experience for all.


I don't know if I'm the only one around here that feels this way, but I am sick of 60 and 70 degree weather. You may think that is a crazy thing to say, but it's the middle of Jan.....where is the snow? I know we never get much snow, but it is at least cold in the winter time. Of course, I'm sure the people in the northeast part of the country would like it if they could just get above zero. They are having extreme conditions for wintertime. I really miss the cold weather, though, and I would just like to have ONE snow day from school!!!! I remember having a few of those when I was in school and I loved it. I'll probably regret wishing for snow because you know what they say....'be careful what you wish for'.

1 comment:

Lacy said...

I wish it would snow too...I remember when I moved here last year in early March...it snowed a couple of days. It wasn't much, but maybe it will snow again.