Thursday, December 18, 2008
For the past few years, my Christmas shopping has revolved around playoff football games. If Childress or Wellington are not in the playoffs by this time, then Tony finds someone who is and we go. He loves to watch good football games, whether he knows anyone playing or not and so does my son. For the past 3 weeks, we have gone to watch Canadian play and win state, and now since Stratford is playing at Abilene, that's where we will be going this weekend. I haven't done any shopping yet because of all of the games, but this time, I don't have a choice. We are staying in Abilene until Monday morning, so that I can shop. Then we will leave Abilene and go to Lubbock for my back doctor's appointment. At least I get to get away for the weekend!!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
I was tagged by Amanda....so here it goes....
1) Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags
2) Real or Artificial tree? Artificial
3) When do you put your tree up? I try to do it the weekend after Thanksgiving
4) When do you take your tree down? The day after Christmas
5) Do you like eggnog? No
6)Favorite gift received as a child? A red telephone
7) Hardest person to buy for? Tony....he buys what he wants all year round
8) Easiest person to buy for? The kids
9) Do you have a nativity scene? I used to have a small one
10) Mail or e-mail Christmas Cards? Depends on the year
11) Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't remember anything that I didn't like
12) Favorite Christmas Movie? Home Alone
13) When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'm glad that I'm not the only one who hasn't started yet, Amanda!! I'm going next weekend
14) Do you hang mistletoe? No...
15) Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? broccoli casserole and apple pie
16) Lights on tree? I have a tree that already has lights.
17) Favorite Christmas Song? Do you hear what I hear?...Bailey and Addyson sang that a couple of years ago at church and it was soooo good.
18) Travel at Christmas or stay home? We go to Mother's here in town and then Wellington
19) Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner (which is spelled "Donder" in the story " 'Twas the Night Before CHRISTmas"), Blitzen, and Rudolph( I just left Amanda's answers...that's not cheating, is it????)
20) Angel or Star on top of tree? Angel
21) Open the presents CHRISTmas Eve or Morning? The ones at Wellington Christmas eve and the ones here Christmas day.
22) Most annoying thing about this time of year? Waiting until the last minute to shop and having to wait in long lines....
23) Favorite ornament theme or color? It's different every year....I had really pretty gold one one year....before the cat!!
24) Favorite for Christmas Dinner? I don't like the traditional turkey because we just had it for Thanksgiving, but my family doesn't like to do anything different, so turkey it is!
25) What do you want for Christmas this year? I don't need anything....I just want the family to be together and happy.
26)Who do you tag? Lacy, Melissa, Mother, Monica
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I haven't posted for a while, so here are some things that I am thinking about.
- I haven't bought one Christmas present so far and I have no idea what to get anyone. That's why I like Thanksgiving better because you just get together with family and eat and have a good time. There is no worrying about what present to buy. I think the meaning of Christmas has gotten lost over the years. Christmas is for kids as far as the gifts go, but nowadays, kids get whatever they want all year round. I think we should take the 'gifts' out of Christmas and just have fun being with family. Don't get me wrong....I love the Christmas season, with all of the decorations and the atmosphere of it all, but I would like to not have to worry about what to buy and who to buy for.
- My daughter Lacy is having her first baby in March. She is very excited, as we all are. She is a new blogger, so go and check out her blog. www.lacyanne.blogspot.com.
- I am so glad that I'm not a jr. high girl anymore! I have 7th and 8th grade girls in my office all of the time, upset because another girl was picking on them or that some boy is 'going out' with their best friend when he was her boyfriend the day before. It's never ending. And in a small school like this, there is not a big choice on who your friends can be. There are only 9 7th grade girls and they have every class together, so it's impossible to stay away from the girls that are picking on you. Everything is such a big deal to them.
- I am looking forward to my 2 weeks off for the Christmas break. I'm afraid that it will just fly by though, and then next semester will be very busy. I'm the TAKS coordinator and I'm sure that's what I'll be doing until after the tests are all over.
- That's all I have time for now....I have to get back to work and try to make these girls get along.......I'm going to need a lot of luck for that!!