- I haven't bought one Christmas present so far and I have no idea what to get anyone. That's why I like Thanksgiving better because you just get together with family and eat and have a good time. There is no worrying about what present to buy. I think the meaning of Christmas has gotten lost over the years. Christmas is for kids as far as the gifts go, but nowadays, kids get whatever they want all year round. I think we should take the 'gifts' out of Christmas and just have fun being with family. Don't get me wrong....I love the Christmas season, with all of the decorations and the atmosphere of it all, but I would like to not have to worry about what to buy and who to buy for.
- My daughter Lacy is having her first baby in March. She is very excited, as we all are. She is a new blogger, so go and check out her blog. www.lacyanne.blogspot.com.
- I am so glad that I'm not a jr. high girl anymore! I have 7th and 8th grade girls in my office all of the time, upset because another girl was picking on them or that some boy is 'going out' with their best friend when he was her boyfriend the day before. It's never ending. And in a small school like this, there is not a big choice on who your friends can be. There are only 9 7th grade girls and they have every class together, so it's impossible to stay away from the girls that are picking on you. Everything is such a big deal to them.
- I am looking forward to my 2 weeks off for the Christmas break. I'm afraid that it will just fly by though, and then next semester will be very busy. I'm the TAKS coordinator and I'm sure that's what I'll be doing until after the tests are all over.
- That's all I have time for now....I have to get back to work and try to make these girls get along.......I'm going to need a lot of luck for that!!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I haven't posted for a while, so here are some things that I am thinking about.