Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hometown Swap

I participated in a Hometown swap for the first time. It was created by Shannon @ Welcome to the Nut House! It's a swap where people from one part of the country send gifts to people who have never been to that part. I was very excited about what I received. It came from Leigh Anne from Virginia. If you are reading this Leigh Anne, please send me a link to your blog!

Here are the things that I received:
There are 'Legendary' peanuts from Viginia Diner, an institution in the Commonwealth.

The Best of Virginia Farms Cookbook and Tour Book.

Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani, book on CD. Here is what she said about this book....Big Stone Gap is the town closest to Pennington Gap, about 10 minutes up the road from Leigh Anne. The author is a former writer on The Cosby Show, and a native of Big Stone. This book will be made into a movie, rumored to be starring Sandra Bullock. Leigh Anne is going to try to be an extra in the movie because a lot of it will be filmed in her hometown.

Homemade soap from Totla Bliss Gourmet.


Thank you so much Leigh Anne....I love it!!

4 comments:

Lacy said...

Cute! I didn't know about this or I would have participated.

Shannon said...

Leigh Anne is my homegirl... I knew she'd send a great package!

Thank you so much for participating in the swap... enjoy your goodies :)


p.s. Leigh Anne's blog is lulaville.com

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I have to say, Adriana Trigiani is one of my very favorite authors! She is amazing. I've read all of her books, with the exception of the newest one, Very Valentine, but its on my nightstand! You will love the books and will want to get the other three in the Big Stone Gap series!

Eve said...

What a great bunch of fun stuff! I am so intrigued now about the book. I love anything starring Sandra Bullock and I love to read, so I guess I will go check the book out in preparation for the movie! ;)